Homeschooling is an emerging trend in the United States of America. All states have done deliberation for the smooth provision of this facility to its inhabitants. Here we will discuss certain homeschooling aspects pertinent to Florida.
Florida Homeschool Laws
Florida state law has numerous sections which narrate responsibilities of homeschooling parents and children.
- Parents are not required to have certification to homeschool their children.
- There is no restriction on the number of hours in a particular day per year.
- Homeschooling parents are supposed to maintain a portfolio containing educational activities and samples of any practical work done by the child.
- Parents shall forward an annual progress report in which a teacher will assess the progress of the child.
- Homeschooling children can participate in inter school extracurricular events, can apply for educational scholarships, are eligible to take admission in community colleges and they can avail testing and evaluation facilities from diagnostic and resource centers.
Florida Homeshool Convention
In order to highlight every other matter in favor of citizens of Florida, conventions are meant to be taken place on various matters. One of these prioritized matters may include homeschools that is related to the education of students. Such conventions are held to formulate policies and discuss issues faced by homeschoolers. An example of such conventions is FPEA Florida homeschool convention.
Florida Homeschool Requirements
One major requirement for homeschooling in the State of florida is Compulsory attendance. This section of the law applies to all the children between 6 to 16 years of age. Now there are few options available to homeschooling parents, which can help them meet this requirement.
- Enroll your child with a non campus based private school those provide homeschooling.
- Prepare a homeschooling program according to the statutes.
- Get help from a private home tutoring program.